Buy Xalatan Online Over The Counter With Fast Delivery
- Name: Xalatan
- Active Ingredients: Latanoprost
- Dosage: 2.5ml
- Official instruction
Xalatan is the anti-glaucoma drug. It is an analog of prostaglandin F2α. It is a selective agonist of FP receptors (prostaglandin F) and is intended to reduce intraocular pressure (IOP) by increasing the outflow of aqueous humor, mainly by the uveoscleral route, as well as through the trabecular network. It was found that latanoprost does not significantly affect the production of aqueous humor and the blood-ophthalmic barrier.
When used in therapeutic doses, latanoprost does not have a significant pharmacological effect on the cardiovascular and respiratory systems. IOP reduction begins approximately 3-4 hours after drug administration, the maximum effect is observed 8-12 hours after. The effect persists for at least 24 hours.
How to buy Xalatan?
The easiest way to buy Xalatan is our online pharmacy. We include this product in the online catalog. This product can be bought online without presciption. Our staff has followed the instruction for use, storage requirements, and transposrtation standards. As a result, you will get this product with a good shelf-life. The delivery takes some time but there are no delays. We try to optimize our service to bring parcels as quick as possible.
Our company cooperates with the most reliable delivery service. They will bring your Xalatan in the stated periods of time. Regular delivery is a common means of delivery (14-21 business days), when express delivery takes 5-9 business days.
We guarantee confidentiality for our customers. We are not conditioned to cheat our customers. We also keep customers’ personal data safe especially when people use their credit card numbers to pay for an order. We accept Visa, MasterCard, JCB, Discover. In any case, you will find the appropriate payment option. If you have any questions, please contact our customer care department.
What is Xalatan?
Xalatan is an ophthalmic drug that is used topically for the treatment of glaucoma and ocular hypertension. Its main component is Latanoprost. This drug is able to reduce intraocular pressure. It provides a significant effect within 12 hours maximum.
Manufacturer: Pharmacia & Upjohn.
Active ingredients: latanoprost.
Inactive ingredients: sodium chloride, benzalkonium chloride, sodium dihydrogen phosphate monohydrate, sodium hydrogen phosphate anhydrous, water for injection.
What is Xalatan used for?
These eye drops are used to decrease in high IOP in adults and children (over the age of 1 year) with open-angle glaucoma or increased ophthalmotonus.
What is glaucoma?
Glaucoma is a decrease in visual acuity, accompanied by a gradual death of the optical nerve and visual field defects. The main etiological factor in this disease’s development is the regular increase in fluid pressure inside the eye. If open-angle glaucoma is not diagnosed in time, the fluid pressure will gradually increase until it destroys the optic nerve, which will cause irreversible loss of vision. Therefore, it is important to timely identify the pathology and begin treatment.
According to the World Health Organization in developed countries, 15% of blind people lost their vision abilities due to this eye disease. With a sharp increase in intraocular pressure, acute attacks of glaucoma are possible, dangerous by the development of complications. An attack occurs in the midst of full health, all of a sudden, without precursors. Pain in the eye appears and constantly intensifies headache, vomiting and nausea may appear.
During the attack, there is swelling and redness of the eyelids, clouding of the eye cornea, mydriasis, decreased visual acuity. The eye is hard to the touch due to increased fluid pressure. Intraocular pressure is measured using a diagnostic procedure – eye tonometry. This method is based on flattening the cornea with a certain weight. To determine the amount of flattening, an indicator paint is applied to the tonometer pad. At the point of contact with the cornea, the paint is washed off and an imprint is obtained, which is then transferred to paper previously moistened with alcohol. Tonometry is contraindicated in certain diseases: inflammation of the lacrimal sac, conjunctiva, cornea of the eye.
Adults and children over 1 year old – 1 drop in the affected eye 1 time/day. The optimal effect is achieved when using the drug in the evening. In order to reduce the possible systemic effect of the drug, immediately after the putting each drop, it is recommended to press on the lower lacrimal opening located at the inner corner of the eye on the lower eyelid. This must be done within 1 min.
There is a question why it is necessary to use Xalatan at bedtime. We do not find any confirmation to this statement. the drug may be used irrespective of day time. Use it when it is convenient for you or consult a doctor to get to know the answer to this question.
The following adverse reactions related to the use of generic Xalatan have been reported:
- the organ of vision: eye irritation (burning sensation, sensation of sand in the eyes, itching, tingling and foreign body sensation); blepharitis; conjunctival hyperemia; pain in the eyes; increased pigmentation of the iris; transient point erosion of the corneal epithelium, edema of the eyelids, periorbital edema, edema and erosion of the cornea; conjunctivitis; lengthening, thickening, increasing the number and intensification of pigmentation of eyelashes and vellus hair; iritis/uveitis; keratitis; macular edema (including cystoid edema); a change in the direction of eyelash growth, sometimes causing eye irritation; the growth of an additional row of eyelashes over the meibomian glands, changes in the periorbital region and in the region of the eyelashes; blurred vision, photophobia, dry eyes.
- the skin: rash, darkening of the skin of the eyelids and local skin reactions on the eyelids, toxic epidermal necrolysis.
- the nervous system: dizziness, headache.
- the respiratory system: bronchospasm (including acute attacks or exacerbation of the disease in patients with a history of bronchial asthma), shortness of breath.
- the musculoskeletal system: muscle pain, joint pain.
- infections and infestations: herpetic keratitis.
- Other: non-specific chest pain.
There have also been cases of retinal artery embolism, retinal detachment, vitreous hemorrhage in patients with diabetic retinopathy.
In some patients with significant corneal damage, very rare cases of corneal calcification have been reported due to the use of phosphate-containing eye drops.
The safety profile of Xalatan in children did not differ from the safety profile in adults. Compared with the adult population, nasopharyngitis and fever were most commonly observed in children.
Who should not use Xalatan?
- Age up to 1 year (efficacy and safety not established);
- Hypersensitivity to latanoprost or other components of the drug.
The drug should be used with caution in patients with:
- aphakia, pseudoaphakia, in patients with risk factors for macular edema;
- patients with inflammatory, neovascular glaucoma (due to lack of sufficient experience with the use of the drug);
- bronchial asthma, herpetic keratitis in history.
Avoid the use of this drug in patients with an active form of herpetic keratitis and recurrent herpetic keratitis, especially associated with the administration of prostaglandin F2α analogs.
Generic Xalatan should be used with caution in patients with risk factors for iritis / uveitis. There is limited data on the use of the drug in patients who are planning surgery for cataracts. In this regard, in this group of patients, these eye drops must be used with caution.
With the simultaneous use of two prostaglandin analogs, a paradoxical increase in IOP is described, so the simultaneous use is not recommended. These eye drops are incompatible with eye drops containing thiomersal (precipitation occurs).
How to store these anti-glaucoma eye drops?
Medications released in the form of solutions intended for the treatment of the mucous membranes of the eye require compliance with certain conditions relating not only to reception, but also to storage. Xalatan eye drops must be used with extreme care and caution throughout the treatment period. The main thing is not to neglect the recommendations from the instructions for use.
The package can have one bottle – in this case, the date of issue and expiration date is indicated on the upper side and directly on the label of the bottle itself. If
there are 3 bottles with drops in the package, then information on the expiration dates is indicated on its right or left sides. Xalatan contains limited number of drops in a bottle.
If the shelf-life exceeds 5-9 days, then the use of the drug is permissible, but only on condition that all the requirements for its storage have been met – both before opening and after.
Important: the unopened bottle of Xalatan remains usable for 36 months from the date of release. After opening the drug, you can use it only the next 4 weeks. Over time, the formation of a white precipitate may be observed, which indicates the beginning of the decay process of some drug components. In this case, it is recommended to withdraw eye drops. You can identify an expired drug by inspecting the packaging and label of the bottle for a suitable date. In this case, the data on the packaging and the bottle should match.
Does Xalatan need to be refrigerated?
Unopened bottles of Xalatan should only be stored in the refrigerator (from + 2 °C to + 8 °C), since room temperatures can adversely affect its quality. After opening the bottle can be stored both in the refrigerator and at room temperature not exceeding + 25 °C.
The drug should be stored in the refrigerator – both before opening the bottle and after. The main thing is not to put it in the freezer. It is not recommended to leave the medicine under sunlights, it should not be heated or left with an open cap.
Pregnancy and lactation
The use of Xalatan during pregnancy is possible only if the expected benefits to the mother undoubtedly exceed the potential risk to the fetus. The drug does not increase the incidence of congenital defects of the fetus, however, it may pose a potential risk for pregnancy, fetal development and the condition of the newborn. If it is necessary to prescribe Xalatan during lactation, keep in mind that latanoprost and its metabolites can be excreted in breast milk.
In experimental studies on rabbits, it was shown that when administered iv in doses of about 100 times higher than those used in humans, it has a toxic effect on the embryo and fetus, which is manifested by an increase in the frequency of late resorption and miscarriages, as well as a decrease in fetal body weight.
Use in cats and dogs
An attack of acute ophthalmic hypertension (OG) in dogs and cats is a condition requiring emergency care. This is one of the few ophthalmic diseases when treatment should be provided urgently by any veterinarian, regardless of his/her profile. Moreover, the success of treatment directly depends on the time elapsed since the onset of the attack and the speed of prescribing adequate therapy. If emergency care is provided within a few hours from the disease onset, there is a real chance of maintaining vision. With delayed treatment (2-3 days from the disease onset), the prognosis for maintaining visual functions is poor, due to the irreversibility of atrophy of the optic nerve.
In the treatment of an acute glaucoma attack, there are 3 fundamental methods of conservative therapy that have different time frames:
- rapid IOP reduction;
- improvement and stabilization of eye hemodynamics;
- neuroprotection, i.e. protection of nerve cells from the effects of glaucomatous damage.
At the same time, a rapid decrease in IOP to physiological norms is in the first place.
Xalatan 0.005% in the form of eye drops. These drops are put into every eye: 1 drop once a day. It is advisable to use these drops at night or in the evening hours, because it is at night that the uveoscleral (posterior) outflow dominates the anterior.
What food provides nutrients for eyes as Xalatan?
There are many reasons why our vision is getting worse. Visual acuity is reduced not only due to bad habits, but our eyes are damaged by diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts and macular degeneration. Several healthy eye products will help prevent these diseases. It is best to eat different foods like:
- blueberries. These berries help maintain visual acuity and reduce eye fatigue with vitamins B1 and C, as well as lutein pigment. Blueberries perfectly retain their properties in frozen form, and even if you make jam from it.
- carrot. This vegetable is rich in many vitamins that are good for the eyes. Thanks to beta-carotene, carrots help maintain visual acuity. You can make a carrot salad with sour cream or stew it. This cooking method improves the absorption of fat-soluble carotene.
- pumpkin. The composition of this vegetable includes special substances and vitamins that are very useful for our vision: lutein and zeaxanthin, vitamins C, A, B1, B2 and zinc. You can cook from pumpkin many different dishes: salads, soups, cereals, and even desserts.
- onion and garlic. By using these products, you will help your vision maintain or restore clarity. These vegetables are rich in sulfur.
- spinach. These vegetables are rich in lutein, which opposes cataracts. Therefore, you can greatly reduce the risk of eye disease.
- broccoli. These vegetables support vision due to the content of lutein, zeaxanthin and carotene.
- fruits. Especially useful for the eyes are fruits of green and orange colors: kiwi, oranges, grapes, peaches, etc.
- fish. It is a source of omega-3 fatty acids essential for good vision. The richest are salmon, sardines, herring, and mackerel. Eating fish oil will prevent macular degeneration.
- cottage cheese. This dairy product contains vitamin B2 (riboflafin), which stimulates and supports the metabolism in the cornea and lens. Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) improves blood circulation to the eyes.
- black chocolate. This product protects the blood vessels of the eyes thanks to corneal flavonoids.